When we use the word fruit we are referring to the set of edible fruits that are obtained from certain plants, whether wild or cultivated by man.
As the fruit is usually sweet and tasty, it is most common to consume it raw for dessert or as a snack between the main meals of the day. But in addition, it is ideal as an ingredient in many recipes: jams, cakes, salads, yogurts, etc.
There are so many varieties of fruit in the world that it is almost impossible to try them all! Each one has a color, a size and a peculiar flavor that make it very different from the others.
The fruit comes from different types of plants:
– Most are fruits of woody plants, that is, fruit trees that have solid stems with the consistency of wood (trunks and branches). Examples of this are the apple, the orange or the pear.
– Others, such as raspberry, blackberry or blueberry, come from plants called semi-woody because their stems have an intermediate consistency, between woody and herbaceous. We refer to fruit bushes.
– The melon, strawberry or watermelon are fruits of herbaceous plants that do not have woody or semi-woody stems, but soft and flexible.
There are more ways to classify the fruit according to other particularities: according to the seed inside (stone, pip or grain), by common characteristics (citrus, tropical, forest fruits…), by its degree of acidity or sweetness, etc. .
The fruit is obtained directly from nature and is essential for proper nutrition. In addition to being very good, it has many beneficial properties for health. Do you want to know some of them?
– Provides essential vitamins and minerals for our body and brain to function properly.
– Helps prevent diseases, improves the appearance of our skin, prevents obesity and keeps us young, agile and strong for longer.
– It contains a lot of water, important to eliminate toxins and cleanse the body.
– It is rich in fiber, a vegetable component that keeps our colon in good condition and prevents annoying constipation.
Health and nutrition experts insist that we should eat at least five servings of fruit and vegetables a day. If you already do, we congratulate you because you are contributing to a healthier and more balanced diet. If, on the other hand, you are one of those who do not want to see fruits and vegetables or in painting, read the previous lines again. You will end up convincing yourself that they are really healthy and surely based on trying and trying, after a while you will love them. You have nothing to lose by trying!