A traffic light is an electrical device that serves to organize traffic on the streets of our towns and cities.
If you look closely you will see that there is a traffic light for vehicles and a different one for people who are walking.
The traffic light for vehicles has three colored lights with a circular shape. The driver, seeing him, knows what he has to do:
• When the red light comes on you must stop.
• When the green light comes on you can pass.
• When the yellow light comes on you must stop because it is about to turn red.
The traffic light for pedestrians has two lights in the shape of a human silhouette. The pedestrian, seeing it, knows what he has to do:
• When the red silhouette lights up, you cannot cross the street.
• When the green silhouette lights up, you can cross the street.
It is very important to respect the light signals of traffic lights so that neither drivers nor pedestrians suffer accidents.